Friday, June 13, 2008

The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini

The Kite Runner My review rating: 5 of 5 stars


Have you had regrets in your life?

This novel made me cry! Oh My.. it's been a while since a novel did this to me. What Amir did to Hasan (or what he didn't do) was wrong. But he was just a young boy. What do you expect from a frightened child? I might blame him for the rest of the story. But thank god, there's a way for Amir to redeem his mistakes. And the story ends nicely.

There is a way to be good again.

I feel sorry for Sohrab, for having such a bad childhood memory. Being an orphan and sexually abused. There is a way to be good again, and Amir found it through Sohrab. But in a way, it was Sohrab who really is the saviour.

I love the story. I admit I feel a little restless after reading it. Can't wait to watch the movie, though :)

No comments: