Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ayahku (Bukan) Pembohong -- Tere Liye


by



Read from October 21 to December 11, 2013 
 
I didn't finish the book. Sorry... I keep waiting and waiting to find out whether the dad was lying or not. While the boy (now a grown up man and married) thinks that his father told lies through his stories, the father (now a grandfather) keeps on telling the same stories to his grandchildren.

I read until half book, and still couldn't find out whether the man's thinking of his father being a liar is true or false. I should have known from the title that the father is not a liar. But how did the man find out about it? I want to know. But I still couldn't manage to finish the book. Maybe the time is just not right.

From what I've read, the way the author tells his story is amazing, as usual. He has a way with words and rich with vocabulary. I like his style. And perhaps I would try to read the book in the future, now that I've bought the book for the library collection.

Next, I want to try reading Kau, Aku, dan Sepucuk Angpau Merah. My friend recommends this, and I also bought it for the library collection. This one thicker than the last one, but I hope I could find the time during Dec holiday to finish it. *hwaiting!*

No comments: