Sunday, March 09, 2014

A Christmas Carol (Classic Collection) -- Charles Dickens, Retold by Tony Bradman

A Christmas Carol (Classic Collection)
by



I've watched many versions of this story, including the Barbie version (and that's my favorite) ;)

Based on Charles Dickens' novel, this classic collection was retold by Tony Bradman. About a mean, tight-fisted hand man named Ebenezer Scrooge. One day, a spirit of his partner who died 7 years ago, come to warn him that three spirits will come and give him lessons so he won't be like him, chained into a heavy chain made of cash-boxes, purses and padlocks.

Every time I saw the movie (any versions) I would always touched by the lessons given by the spirits. From Scrooge past time, present time, and future, he learns that his greed won't bring him happiness. And his wealth won't get people to like him. And that in the future, he would be alone with no one to take care of him, even on his own funeral.

Scrooge decides to change his fate, and be nice to people around him. And he lives many happy years after that.

When I finish reading the book, I realize that it's too thin. Maybe (maybe) I would read the original version.

Maybe :)

No comments: